- What names or pseudonyms has Bob Dylan gone by:
- Robert Allen Zimmerman
- Shabtai Zisel ben Avraham
- Blind Boy Grunt
- Elston Gunn
- All of the above
- Which city did Dylan not live in?
New York City Montreal, Canada Hibbing, Minnesota Duluth, Minnesota
- Who of the following was not a major influence on Dylan’s music?
- Woody Guthrie
- Billie Holiday
- Pete Seeger
- Robert Johnson
- How many songs has Dylan penned?
- Which instrument does Dylan not play?
- What current recording artist’s name appears in a track from the just-released Modern Times album?
- Christine Aguillera
- Alicia Keys
- Which poet was an important influence on Dylan’s lyrics?
- William Wordsworth Longfellow
- Edgar Allen Poe
- Dylan Thomas
- Carl Sandburg
- Which of the following has Dylan not stolen?
- A Harley-Davidson
- Which of these tall tales has Dylan not claimed to be true about him?
- That he worked a short time as a gigolo
- That he rode a train across the country and lived as a hobo
- That he traveled with a carnival
- That he is part Lakota Sioux
- What job has Dylan never held?
a. Back-up musician
b. School teacher
- Who of the following has not been romantically linked with Dylan?
- Joan Baez
- Bonnie Beecher
- Suze Rotolo
- Joni Mitchell
- Sara Nozinsky Lownds
- Which of the following is false?
- Dylan was in a serious car accident and remained out of the spotlight for three years while he recovered.
- Dylan is an excellent chess player.
- Dylan hates to get his hair cut professionally, and he often asks his girlfriends to cut it instead.
- Dylan has said that he wishes he’d been a physician instead of a singer/songwriter.
- Who is not one of Dylan’s children?
- Jesse Dylan, the film director of American Wedding
- Anna Dylan
- Samuel Dylan
- Jakob Dylan, singer/songwriter of the Wallflowers
- Desiree Dennis-Dylan
- None. They are all his children.
- e. Dylan has a long list of aliases he has used, as well as his birth name and his Jewish name.
- b. Dylan has lived mostly in
Minnesota, New York, and . California
- b. Billie Holiday was not a known influence
- d. Although the iTunes Dylan collection release has over 700 tracks, but it includes outtakes and variations
- a. Trumpet
- c. Alicia Keys
- c. Dylan Thomas
- c. A Harley-Davidson
- a. He’s told some tall tales, but never claimed to be a gigolo.
- b. The only job other than in music that Dylan ever held was as a busboy at a restaurant.
- d. Joni Mitchell was influenced by Dylan’s work, but that’s all.
- a. Dylan was in a serious motorcycle accident. It was reputed that he broke his neck.
- f. Desiree is his child by his second, “secret” marriage to singer Carolyn Dennis.
1–4 Correct You’re just getting to know Dylan—lucky you—you’ve got a lifetime of catching up to do.
5–9 Correct You’ve had your eye on Dylan for a while, maybe been influenced by him—but so many more roads to travel.
10–13 Correct You’re a true devotee and among the most knowledgeable—you could start your own Dylan fanzine.